Home About Us Catalog Borrowing Services Resources Programs & Events Locations

Photo: 18 Radcliffe St. c.1820

Thomas Radcliffe acquired the tract of land now bounded by King, Vanderhorst, Smith and Radcliffe streets, and had it surveyed in 1786. After Radcliffe was lost at sea in 1806, development of the suburb was continued by his widow, Mrs. Lucretia Radcliffe, and other heirs. Click on Radcliffeborough for a more detailed history of this neighborhood.