For the comfort and safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff, and the protection of Library property, thefollowing actions are examples of conduct not allowed on Library property.
● Any violation of local, state, or federal law
● Possession of weapons
● Any loud, unreasonable, and/or disturbing actions created by persons or electronic devices (including cell phones) that interferes with the ability of others to use and enjoy library services
● Being under the influence of, selling and/or possession of alcohol or illegal drugs
● Verbally or physically threatening behavior toward any person
● Sleeping or putting your head, feet or legs on tables, smoking, sitting on stairs, rearranging or misuse of library furnishings
● Eating. Drinks must be in containers with lids
● Use of library facilities or equipment for other than library purposes, including loitering, solicitation, selling or distribution of materials without prior written authorization
● Leaving a child under nine years of age unattended by a responsible person
● Leaving a child or young adult (under age 18) in the library after closing time
● Animals in library building with the exception of licensed service animals
● Misuse of restrooms. Includes bathing, shaving, changing clothes, loitering, or other inappropriate behavior
● Entry into non-public areas or use of library telephones without permission
● Theft or defacement of library property including books and other materials
● Taking library property, including books and non-print materials outside library buildings without following established loan procedures
● Inappropriate use of computers, including, but not limited to: viewing inappropriate websites, using the Internet for illegal purposes, or displaying, sending, printing obscene materials; or damaging, altering, or tampering with equipment or software; manipulating or interfering with the time management and print management software
● Entering the library buildings barefooted, without a shirt, with offensive body odor or personal hygiene
● Bringing personal items into the library that will not fit comfortably under one chair or leaving items unattended. Bags no larger than 18” in length are allowed. Larger bags of any type, bedrolls or luggage are prohibited. Articles with a foul odor, or articles, that alone or in their aggregate impede the safety of others.
● Leaving personal items unattended and/or storage of personal items
● Use of wheeled devices other than wheelchairs, walkers, strollers, or wheeled book bags
● Bringing bicycles into library buildings
● Refusal to leave library at designated closing time
● Disregard of fire regulations
● Failure to comply with Library’s established standards and guidelines
All bags and other articles are subject to inspection by library personnel. The library reserves the right to limit thesize and number of items brought into the library.
Library staff will intervene to stop prohibited activities and behaviors. Failure to comply with the library’s establishedstandards of acceptable behavior may result in removal from the building and/or restriction of library privileges.
Approved by the Board of Trustees November 25, 2008